Thursday, October 25, 2018

"It Could Be Worse... It Could Be Raining..."

Tomorrow, we set off on Mission #002, intending to spend the weekend at Paris Mountain State Park up above Greenville, SC.  Since last month's trip to Lake Greenwood State Park was undertaken in much more late-summer-like weather, we never got around to testing out the furnace in the Aluminum Falcon, but by Golly, that'll be the FIRST thing we do when we get to the campsite tomorrow afternoon!  The forecast is for not even fifty degrees and rain, rain, rain!  Some of my YouTube-ing also braces me for the possibility of said furnace emitting lots of smoke and odor when it first fires up, so we have that to look forward to as well...

But you know what?  I don't care!  Ever since we bought this camper, we've been chomping at the bit to use it, and frustrated by how we're preventing from running off into the wild with it at the drop of a hat because of our "responsibilities."  Weather will not stop us (even though Hurricane Michael proved to me that it WILL stop the U.S. Postal Service, despite what their motto says...), and even if we're trapped inside the Falcon for thirty-six hours, we will Live 'n' Learn about how to make the most of that situation.  Besides, we've spend thirty-six hours and more cooped up in places before and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, but since this is a family-friendly blog, I'll skip the details... (insert lascivious wink here).

Photos and reports to come once we're back!  Check back in soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment